What is the Hardship Grant Scheme?
AUSA’s Hardship Grant Scheme gives monetary grants to students who are experiencing severe financial difficulties. The scheme was set up to assist students in hardship with the basic necessities of life.
Successful applicants will be granted up to $250 depending on their situation and need, or up to $400 if they are caring for dependents.
NOTE: Financial need must fall under one of the following four categories to be considered - food, accommodation, travel, medical.
We DO NOT PAY for items like Parking tickets & fines, Arrears from Finance Companies, Bad Debt, Course Fees, Membership Fees (Gyms/ Clubs), or Domestic & International Flights.
- You must be a University of Auckland student
- You have not already accessed the hardship fund within the current semester
- You must not a member of the AUSA Executive or Staff
- You must be employed, seeking employment, or be unable to do so
- You must fill in this form completely with all relevant attachments, including a copy of your bank statement with all transactions for the previous two weeks
Your application will be assessed by the AUSA Welfare Committee on your financial situation and whether it is Short term, Unexpected, and Threatening your university study.
Please note you will need to log on with your @aucklanduni.ac.nz email address to apply below.
For help or more information, please contact
AUSA Welfare Vice President
If your situation falls outside the criteria or is an exceptional circumstance, we may still be able to help you. Please contact the Welfare Vice President for more information.