Sometimes we all need someone to support us. AUSA Advocacy offers free support, advice and information to students.
Our Advocacy service is professional and confidential. We are 100% independent from the University, which means the advice we provide will always be in your best interest.
Our advocacy service is here to...
- help you understand your options, rights and responsibilities;
- help you raise an issue or make a complaint;
- facilitate communication, mediate disputes, problem-solve;
- assist you in appeal procedures;
- prepare you for meetings and even attend them with you;
- advocate on your behalf;
- refer you to the best services to help.
- Meeting face-to-face with a Student Advocate for advice;
- Phone consultation;
- Email consultation.
Our service includes...
You can use our Advocacy service when you...
- feel you've been treated unfairly, or think a University of Auckland policy or rule has been applied poorly or unfairly to your situation or circumstance;
- are seeking information or referrals about non-academic issues affecting your studies like employment disputes, finances and tenancy problems;
- want to clarify your options, rights or responsibilities;
- need to understand which policies or procedures relate to your situation;
- need someone to advise on any problems between yourself and another member of the University community;
- are appealing a grade or making another academic decision;
- have been harassed or are feeling unsafe on campus.